On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's what's on our radar!
- As you probably heard, Jason Collins is the first openly gay NBA player. But he's only the first openly gay professional athlete if you completely ignore women. [Sin City Siren]
- Monica Bartyzel says it's time retire the phrase "Manic Pixie Dream Girl." [The Week]
- NPR profiles Sarah Allen, the programmer who led the team that designed Flash. Speaking of programming, the Linux Foundation is funding three Linux kernel internships through the Outreach Program for Women—apply today! [NPR, Linux.com]
- Leigh Kolb discusses the rarity of seeing infertility and pregnancy loss in pop culture. [Bitch Flicks]
- The latest frontier of prison criticism....Yelp? [Washington Post]
- Film critic and writer Kartina Richardson discusses the "white default" of narratives, and how that plays out in Spring Breakers and Girls. [Salon]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Comments5 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Nelly Miles (not verified)
al oof (not verified)
Holly P (not verified)
Venus de Mars (not verified)
LCD (not verified)