On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news we're reading today:
• Wow—everyone should read Loretta Ross's history of sterilization in prisons. [RH Reality Check]
• Only five states protect the right to transgender-inclusive insurance policies. [New York Times]
• How did immigration become illegal? [Alternet]
• Father's Day is this weekend—here's a funny collection of illustrated poems about fatherhood. [The Toast]
• There has been an increase in the number of stay-at-home dads, but a new study shows that the majority are not "staying home" to care for family. [Sociological Images]
• Here's a really interesting look at the history of black barbershops as community-building spaces. [Collector's Weekly]
• Ooo! I'm loving this tomboy fashion series. [Autostraddle]
• Chilean rapper Ana Tijoux has a brand-new video and of, course, it's great:
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lesley (not verified)
Lucia (not verified)
Brooke@Regicide (not verified)
Mark Twang (not verified)