On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today:
• There have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook—about one every seven days. The problem of gun violence worsens, and still we do nothing. [PolicyMic]
• “Rough sleeping” has reportedly risen 75 percent in London over the last three years—and the despicable “anti-homeless spikes” have become an increasingly familiar deterrent. [AlJazeera]
• Who says men can’t be feminists? These rad high school boys know better: “Feminism can help us all.” [Feministing]
• Nearly 50 years after the Voting Rights Act of 1965 outlawed discriminatory voting practices, Native Americans are still fighting for equal voting rights. Stephanie Woodard’s in-depth look at the hurdles faced by folks living on reservations is well worth your time. [In These Times]
• Live Unchained is celebrating “women across the world who have used art as a tool to express their own radical truths.” Check out some of the amazing creators they’ve highlighted, here. [Live Unchained]
• “I speak no French, monsieur. Good day to you.” Leave it to The Toast to make us smile: This time, the laughs come courtesy of Mallory Ortberg’s “Western Art History: 500 Years of Women Ignoring Men.” [The Toast]
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
al oof (not verified)
My Dinner With Andre Rison (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Liam Thomas (not verified)
chris jennifer (not verified)