On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today:
• There have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook—about one every seven days. The problem of gun violence worsens, and still we do nothing. [PolicyMic]
• “Rough sleeping” has reportedly risen 75 percent in London over the last three years—and the despicable “anti-homeless spikes” have become an increasingly familiar deterrent. [AlJazeera]
• Who says men can’t be feminists? These rad high school boys know better: “Feminism can help us all.” [Feministing]
• Nearly 50 years after the Voting Rights Act of 1965 outlawed discriminatory voting practices, Native Americans are still fighting for equal voting rights. Stephanie Woodard’s in-depth look at the hurdles faced by folks living on reservations is well worth your time. [In These Times]
• Live Unchained is celebrating “women across the world who have used art as a tool to express their own radical truths.” Check out some of the amazing creators they’ve highlighted, here. [Live Unchained]
• “I speak no French, monsieur. Good day to you.” Leave it to The Toast to make us smile: This time, the laughs come courtesy of Mallory Ortberg’s “Western Art History: 500 Years of Women Ignoring Men.” [The Toast]
What did I miss? Add what you’re reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Arson Whales (not verified)
tj (not verified)
LizaK (not verified)
Godsey (not verified)