On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
• Drop everything! Orange is the New Black launches its second season today. Victoria Law wrote about the real-life Piper's prison-reform activism and here's a list of orange cocktails to make while watching the show. [Bitch, Autostraddle]
• A new exhibit in Mississippi is marking 50 years since the powerful Freedom Summer. [NPR]
• There's a new graphic novel out that's all about the trial of Chelsea Manning. [Feministing]
• Some important words of wisdom: How to not be a dick to a mixed-race family. [xoJane]
• New romantic comedy Obvious Child, starring the great Jenny Slate, hits theaters nationwide today. It's so good to see a film that celebrates women being really funny. [Bitch Flicks]
• Yes, the economy is picking up, but to a certain extent the United States is replacing good jobs with bad ones. [Sociological Images]
• A recent study showed that Google's employees are overwhelmingly white and male. How can the tech giant fix its diversity problem? [The Grio]
• Here's a fun rundown of outfits inspired by four kickass heroines. [Rookie]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
nycprochoicemd (not verified)
bernard (not verified)
Elle Kacee (not verified)
greeniezona (not verified)
Kitty (not verified)