On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
• In reaction to recent protests over rapes in Uttar Pradesh, a state minister in India says that rape is "sometimes right and sometimes wrong." WHAT. [Guardian]
• Women who work at Wal-Mart are on strike in 20 cities—the "Wal-Mart moms" are protesting low pay, they want full-time workers to make at least $25,000 a year. [Think Progress]
• Is marriage becoming a luxury of the rich? [Alternet]
• The extremist rhetoric of violence within the pro-life movement is largely ignored, leading to serious political and personal consequences. [Truthout]
• Listen to Ta-Nehisi Coates discuss why America is "stuck in segregation." [Colorlines]
• Twitter is blocking a condom company from advertising on the site, saying the contraceptives violate Twitter's ban on advertising "adult and sexual products." [RH Reality Check]
• And in excellent news: LEGO is coming out with a set of female scientist figures! These look rad. [Slate]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Abby Lorenzo (not verified)
miffty (not verified)
joana (not verified)
AON (not verified)
Bannef (not verified)