On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news we're reading today:
• The world has lost someone great: Japanese-American social justice activist Yuri Kochiyama passed away on Sunday night at age 93. [Colorlines, photo from 18 Million Rising]
• Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) has introduced a bill that would require the National Institute of Health to investigate whether the chemicals in traditional pads and tampons pose a health risk. [Autostraddle]
• Why is "he" the default pronoun? A linguist looks into the history of gendered pronouns in the world's languages. [The Toast]
• A black employee of Tiffany and Co. filed a lawsuit against the upscale jewelry company for racial discrimination. [The Root]
• Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie opposes Western intervention in her country and says Nigeria can deal with the Boko Haram on its own. [Telegraph]
• Sarah Jaffe talks about why the "not all men" meme hits home. [RH Reality Check]
• The second season of Orange is the New Black debuts this week! [New York Times]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!