On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar today:
• Nigerians are protesting in the streets of Lagos as the government in Africa's most populous country seems unable to track down and rescue the over 200 girls who were kidnapped weeks ago from their school. [RH Reality Check]
• While some American major league sports are making progress toward celebrating gay players, British football remains staunchly homophobic. The sport's "no-homo homoerotics" are certainly ridiculous. [Advocate]
• Male students at a high school in Newport Beach held an NFL-style draft to choose prom dates. Yuck. [LA Times]
• The female characters on Orphan Black are refreshingly complex and original—but what about the show's "bisexual femme fatale"? [Autostraddle]
• We could debate all day whether Fargo really needed to be remade as a TV show, but at least the remake gives us the chance to spend some time with Deputy Molly Solverson. [Shakesville]
• This trio of Brazilian teenage girls is an awesome rap group. [The Hairpin]
• Did you miss the letter from Kathleen Hanna we published yesterday? Read her letter right here.
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!