On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Anyone else way too tired from staying up late watching Mad Men? For everyone too sleepy to dig through the news on their own, here's all the feminist news on our radar this morning:
• A man who has a history with the KKK opened fire on a Jewish community center in the Kansas City suburbs, killing three people. [New York Times]
• A federal judge rules that Ohio must recognize same-sex marriages performed by other states. If the ruling stands, it could have a big impact on couples living in states nationwide where same-sex marriage is illegal. [Guardian]
• Black LGBT artists talk about the spiritual practices involved in community building. [Autostraddle]
• Texas-based reporter Andrea Grimes profiles an anti-abortion "abolitionist" who is determined to convert Americans to his beliefs. [RH Reality Check]
• Here's a beautiful essay to make you angry this morning: What one white father learned about New York's stop-and-frisk from his black son. [The Atlantic]
• Occupy protester Cecily McMillan defensively elbowed someone who she says grabbed her breast in a crowd; turns out the person was a cop—now she's on trial for assaulting a police officer. [The Toast]
• Meet Reverend William Barber, one of the main forces behind North Carolina's influential Moral Mondays protests for social programs and reproductive rights. [Mother Jones]
• Scientific public service announcement: tonight is a lunar eclipse! [Space.com]
• Tomorrow is tax day, making today a perfect opportunity to reflect on the soul-crushing reality of where our taxes go. [Sociological Images]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments!
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lesley (not verified)
Lucia (not verified)
Brooke@Regicide (not verified)
Mark Twang (not verified)