On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's the news on our radar today...
• School officials at Wisconsin’s Fond de Lac High School cracked down on the student newspaper after they published an anonymous student's account of surviving rape. Now the school principal will get to decide what the paper can and cannot publish. [Jezebel]
• A New Jersey judge ruled that women have the right to bar fathers from delivery room if they want private births, saying "Any interest a father has before the child’s birth is subordinate to the mother’s interests." [Slate]
• Debate ensued this week around gendered application of the “bossy” label for girls and women. Sheryl Sandberg weighed in along with a twitterverse full of parents speaking about their own daughters. [The Guardian]
• Gaga, nooooo! Lady Gaga’s nonprofit organization’s financial report reveals the pittance they gave away in grants last year—just $5,000. [Gawker]
• North Carolina’s GOP Senator Richard Burr got schooled on Affordable Care Act by Dr. Danielle Martin, vice president at the Women’s College Hospital in Toronto. [Salon]
• Meanwhile, Rand Paul-backed obstetrician and North Carolina Republican Senate candidate Greg Brannon claims Planned Parenthood has a secret plan to legalize the killing of newborns. [Mother Jones]
• For your listening pleasure, here's a cool history of women making electronic music. [Nerd Girls]
Did I miss something? Tell us about it in the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Abby Lorenzo (not verified)
miffty (not verified)
joana (not verified)
AON (not verified)
Bannef (not verified)