On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar:
• OMGOMGOMG! Michelle Obama is going to appear on Parks and Rec. [The Grio]
• A law designed to boost voter registration by letting people register to vote at the DMV has accidentally led to some immigrants being threatened with deportation for voting when they're not US citizens. [The Chicago Reporter]
• Discipline with dignity: An Oakland restorative justice group tries out healthy alternatives to traditional punishments in the classroom. [YES!]
• The World Bank is postponing a big loan to Uganda after the country passed a harsh law that toughens punishments against gay people. [Guardian]
• Disney cut its donations to the Boy Scouts of America over that group's continued exclusion of LGBT volunteers. [Reason]
• A recent murder highlights how indigenous women in Canada are five to seven times more vulnerable to violence than non-Indigenous women. [Autostraddle]
• Love public libraries? Cartoonist Julia Wertz has a personal love letter to the library where she spent hours as a kid. [The Nib]
• The Oscars' gender gap isn't closing: there are still three male nominees for every female nominee. [Women and Hollywood]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments!
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!