On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar this morning!
• America's favorite political penis pun is back: Anthony Weiner has been revealed (cough) to be the center of another sexting scandal—this time under the 70's porno alias "Carlos Danger." [Slate]
• Speaking of porn, Tumblr is cracking down on inappropriate content, which has somehow led to censoring the tags #gay, #lesbian, and #bisexual. [Jezebel]
• Also in questionable censorship news, Clear Channel refuses to air ads about women's reproductive health care on the grounds of indecency. Sign WAM's petition to unblock this important information from the airwaves. [Women, Action, & The Media]
• Sci-fi author Arlene Lagos of the new female-fronted series Beyond Earth is asking for creative minds to submit their own version of a modern-day heroine. [Beyond Earth Series]
• A study from the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology shows that providing access to free birth control does in fact reduce abortion rates—by a whopping 62-78 percent. [Addicting Info]
• Where do republicans come from? Men who grow up with their sisters taking on all of the housework might be more likely to adopt conservative views. [Mother Jones]
• On average, American women spend more on child delivery than Kate Middleton did on her royal birth. [The Week]
• Robin Thicke's song "Blurred Lines" is all over the radio this summer--Boylesque group Mod Carousel teamed up with vocalists Caela Bailey, Sydni Devereux, and Dalisha Phillips to challenge the song with this great genderswap parody. [Huffington Post]
What did we miss? Let us know what you're reading in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Melissa.rich (not verified)
www.compressorguide.com (not verified)
Learn English Online (not verified)
janebrendan (not verified)
SShyly (not verified)