On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the feminist news on our radar:
• The Justice Department released new rules that aim to reduce unfair profiling among federal agents. Under the new rules, federal agents cannot consider religion, national origin, gender and sexual orientation in their investigations. [New York Times]
• A Louisiana Republican senator introduced a bill that would require a photo ID in order to buy food with food stamps... think of it as a voter ID law for food. [Mother Jones]
• The House Judiciary Committee passed a sweeping bill that would roll back reproductive rights and healthcare coverage for abortion. [RH Reality Check]
• "Do what you love" is the mantra for today's worker—but does that devalue jobs that people need to do to make money? [Jacobin]
• Autostraddle profiles the "perfect superhero comic for people who don't like superhero comics"—the webcomic Strong Female Protagonist. [Autostraddle]
• Cartoonist Julia Wertz has a beautiful graphic essay about her career and dealing with alcoholism. [Narrative.ly]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
ner456 (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Asliani (not verified)
Jessica Goodman (not verified)