On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Good morning! These links are part of a well-balanced breakfast.
- Using the restroom is not a crime: Tell the Arizona State Legislature to uphold the rights of trans people. [All Out]
- Activist (and 2008 Vice President candidate) Rosa Clemente responds to Rick Ross's new lyric about date rape (video). [via Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Unsatisfied with the set narratives (and gender binaries) of reality TV, Raphael Francis Fox and Lewis Hancox of My Transsexual Summer decided to start their own show: My Genderation. [Buzzfeed]
- Another reason to strike down Prop 8 and support marriage equality: It could be unconstitutional because of gender discrimination. [Fire Dog Lake]
- A recent This American Life episode contained multiple myths about Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI), a Social Security program that supports families that include children with disabilities. [Media Matters]
- Some good news about the Adria Richards/PyCon debaucle: Richards's firing will probably not stand up in court. [Colorlines]
- Feminist Texican reviews Tyrese's new relationship-advice book Manology—and it's as bad as you though. [PostBourgie]
- Five-year-old Daisy Morris discovered a new dinosaur on a trip with her parents... and naturally named it after herself. [Grist]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Diana (not verified)
Sean (not verified)
CapeTown (not verified)
ashashash (not verified)
Comment Name (not verified)