On Our Radar: Feminist News Round-Up
Here's what's on our radar today!
• Sit down and get comfortable (and then angry) to read this in-depth piece on how American prisons use those incarcerated for cheap—and unregulated—labor. [The American Prospect]
• Reni Eddo-Lodge discusses racism in the beauty and fashion industry, from the runway to the drugstore aisle—and how women online are changing the tide. [The Feminist Times]
• Given Adam Plunkett's condescending review of Patricia Lockwood's new collection of poetry, Mallory Ortberg has a handy guide on how to not review women's writing. [The Toast]
• The Collection Editor for the Medium blog Ladybits describes her tenure at the fledgling online publishing space and then bids adieu. [Medium]
• In the least surprising news today, Seth MacFarlene's new film, A Million Ways to Die in the West, is actually a "love letter to the Nice Guy Myth." [Daily Dot]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Want the best of Bitch in your inbox? Sign up for our free weekly reader!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!