On Our Radar: Feminist News Round-Up
Here's what's on our radar!
• Didn't we just post about an Army lieutenant in charge of sexual-assault prevention found guilty of sexual assault? Well now an Army seargeant in charge of sexual-assault prevention has been charged with 21 counts of sexual misconduct and is accused of recruiting female privates for prostitution. [Austin Statesman]
• Dr. Jessica R. Metcalfe dissects how even when fashion isn't being completely offensive and appropriative of Native culture, the writing and PR can be. [Beyond Buckskin]
• Jamilah Lemieux details how black feminism is manifesting in pop culture, social media, and online communities. [Ebony]
• Irin Carmon profiles Oklahoma anti-choice group Abolish Human Abortion and their very deliberate rhetoric. [MSNBC]
• In "A History of Women Whose Tongues Have Been Ripped Out" Johanna King-Slutzky discusses women from mythology, religion, and history who have been silenced quite forcibly. [The Hairpin]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Anonymous1 (not verified)
Some2 (not verified)
wallens (not verified)
Socchan (not verified)
Phanie (not verified)