On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
Here's all the news on our radar for today!
- The NAACP's petition to file civil rights charges against Zimmerman, which launched five days ago, now has one million signatures. [Crew Of 42]
- With widespread outrage over the Zimmerman trial, blogger Marissa Jackson wants to know why few people are talking about Florida mom Marissa Alexander's sentencing to 20 years in prison for firing warning shots against her abusive husband. [For Harriet]
- Same-sex marriage is on its way to becoming legal in England and Wales! [Huffington Post]
- McDonalds set out to provide a sample budget for its employees and ended up proving that it's basically impossible to get by on minimum wage. [Death and Taxes]
- A Reddit user downright bragged about raping a woman to the entire Internet. Detective redditors are now on the hunt for his identity. [Feminspire]
- Rolling Stone gives us the 10 dumbest things ever said about abortion and women's rights. [Rolling Stone]
- Photographer Lindsay Morris documented a four-day gender noncomforming camp for boys. [Slate]
What did we miss? Let us know what you're reading in the comments.
Comments17 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!