On Our Radar: Feminist News Round Up
Here's all the news on our radar for today!
• We warned you about Rick Perry's call for a second special session on SB5. After about eight hours of testimony last night, the Texas House voted to approve these restrictive abortion regulations.
• NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia confirms that Crisis Pregnancy Centers purposefully uses false medical information to dissuade patients from seeking abortions. [Feminist Wire]
• Speaking of Crisis Pregnancy Centers, student Lucy Vernasco shares her upsetting experience with one, highlighting why access to family planning is crucial. [Feminist Campus]
• A conservative blogger exposes Texas Senator Wendy Davis's natural hair color and thereby disproves feminism. [Slate]
• Remember when a UNM professor fat-shamed PhD candidates on Twitter and tried to pass it off as a research project? Looks like he'll keep his job. [Huffington Post]
• Artist Nickolay Lamm recreates Barbie using proportions based on the CDC's measurements of the average 19-year-old American woman. [My Deals]
Did we miss anything? Let us know what you're reading in the comments.
Comments4 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Brittnie0710 (not verified)
Anonymous9 (not verified)
Lemonchilli (not verified)
EmHarsch (not verified)