On Our Radar: Privilege Meets Video Games, Beth Ditto Meets The Dictator, and Feminism Gets PROBLEMATIC
Before you do anything this weekend, ask yourself: IS THIS FEMINIST? Then check out these links:
- Help Hollaback! in the campaign to end campus harassment.
- On Ebony.com, Michael Arceneaux calls out the hypocrisy of Chris Brown and Drake's slut-shaming of Rihanna.
- Need to explain straight white male privilege to someone? At Whatever, John Scalzi puts it in gaming terms.
- Aisha Harris deconstructs Community's Shirley Bennett for Slate.
- Foxalive zine distributor is looking for zines and art by people of color. Read their call for submissions here.
- Remember how stylish Ed Wood was? Worn Fashion Journal does. Check out their Ed Wood-inspired photo shoot.
- Laurel Fantauzza, a gay Filipina American, writes an open letter to Manny Pacquiao in light of his public comments on gay marriage for Grantland.
- Laurie Penney interviews Mona Eltahawy for the Independent.
- Anna Breslaw takes on Tina Fey at the New Inquiry.
- Speaking of Fey (kind of), am I the only one who didn't recognize Margaret Cho playing the Kim Jongs on 30 Rock? See an interview with her on the role here.
- Kind of weirded out by the prospect of seeing The Dictator? Skip the movie theater and watch Sacha Baron Cohen in this video of The Gossip performing live at Cannes instead. Everyone looks better dancing with Beth Ditto!
What have you been reading/writing this week?
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
HP (not verified)
Anonymous.. (not verified)
Anonymous1 (not verified)
Shakinboots (not verified)