On Our Radar: Protesting Seventeen, Illustrating Wheelchairs, and Remembering MCA
- In sad news, we lost rapper, artist, producer, and activist Adam Yauch today to cancer. We'll miss you, MCA.
- Rosario Dawson and America Ferrera are cast in an upcoming indie film on Caesar Chavez. Dawson will play activist Dolores Huerta, Ferrera will play Chavez's wife.
- Wow. No words for the Chronicle of Higher Education publishing Naomi Schaefer Riley's call for eliminating Black Studies. Read this great response,then sign this petition to dismiss Riley.
- Kenyon Farrow writes a moving piece on Colorlines about why we should support CeCe McDonald, "'innocent' or not." Speaking of support, here's info on sending mail to her.
- Hey comics industry, here are some tips for illustrating wheelchairs from someone who uses one.
- At Think Progress, Alyssa Rosenberg writes about Glee's continual practice of exploiting oppressed identities while claiming to do the opposite.
- After that "Motherhood vs. Feminism" article in the New York Times, Anna North follows up with black stay-at-home moms at Buzzfeed.
- Crunkadelic is skeptical about Brian McKnight's new "adult" mixtape.
- Did you see 8th grader Julia Bluhm's campaign for Seventeen magazine to use less Photoshop? Get it, girls. Sign the petition here!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Horst (not verified)
Herbert (not verified)
Alex R (not verified)
ma (not verified)
Jackie M. (not verified)