On Our Radar
Links for your weekend!
- Bitch contributor Alyx Vesey explores trash talk in Azealia Banks’ “212."
- The postfeminist notion that female empowerment can be achieved through any choice a woman makes—no matter what it is—gets the Onion treatment.
- Feminist conference hoppers! The submissions deadline for both the Allied Media Conference and Geek Girl Con are both due next week!
- Shakesville introduces a new kind of Personhood amendment, for "women and other people with uteri to establish our rights as autonomous people."
- At Hyphen, Thanu Yakupitiyage deconstruct's M.I.A's video for "Bad Girls" (h/t Racialicious)
- Today's the last day to donate to the Feminist & Queer SXSW 2012 Music Showcase, "Get Off the Internet!"
- Adrienne from Native Appropriations is at a loss for words after seeing stills of Johnny Depp as Tonto from the Lone Ranger movie. Yikes—it does not look good.
- In the wake of Rush gate, Jamie Peck suggests, "Let’s Stop Insulting People By Comparing Them To Sex Workers (And Sluts!)"
- Read Bitch Flicks' review of Friends With Kids and consider supporting women-made media by seeing it in theaters today!
- On the Shameless blog, Julia Caron uses a popular Tumblr post to illustrate which feminist messages seem to get the most traction online.
- GOOD takes the VIDA byline inventory and applies it to Millennial web outlets to see how where the women are. The Pitchfork stats just might surprise you (in a good way)!
- Viola Davis is making a movie about Barbara Jordan! Yes yes yes!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Venus Envy (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Laurnil (not verified)
Lola (not verified)