On Our Radar
My, what a week.
- Still reeling from the murder of Troy Davis? Check out "10 things anyone can do to help exonerate innocent people and prevent wrongful convictions" from The Innocence Project, and continue the fight for justice.
- The first post in a series on queer identity and gaming is up at Yin Soaked Boy.
- Have you been reading BFP's excellent series on Detroit at Feministe? The latest is on Rick Snyder's welfare cuts and going beyond "Capitalism."
- Attention non-Native rock bands, fashionistas, hipsters, or anyone that feels the need to wear "tribal" wear, Media Indigena has a letter for you. And at Native Appropriations, Adrienne takes a tour through Urban Outfitters' "Navajo" obsession (behold, the "Navajo hipster panty"), and includes a sample of the cease and desist letter the Navajo Nation Attorney General sent UO several months ago.
- Laura Hudson at Comics Alliance shows how DC's "rebooted" Starfire and Cat Woman aren't sexually liberated superheroines, it's just more of the same old T&A.
- Shadow and Act has some excerpts from reviews of forthcoming Andrea Arnold's Wuthering Heights, which racebends Brontë's novel to feature a black Heathcliff who deals with race as well as class struggle.
- Hey, Seattle-area readers! Do you remember Reel Grrls, the nonprofit that Comcast almost defunded? Well they're having a screening showing student made films about—what else—media justice.
Let us know what you think in the comments, and tell us what's on YOUR radar!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lwewis (not verified)
vegfeministdude (not verified)