On Our Radar
So many links, so much free time this weekend.
- Australian badass and WWII heroine Nancy Wake passed away on Sunday. The Pursuit of Harpyness shares her amazing life story. Seriously, how cool was this lady?
- Talk About Equality discusses the firestorm around a new petition to marry Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street. Still no word on how the two themselves feel about it.
- Bitch contributor s.e. smith explores the particulars of the "Strong, Female Character." What do you think that entails?
- Gender Across Borders presents "A Gendered Look at Water Policy." Definitely a great, eye-opening read.
- At Model Minority Renina discusses the film Pariah and what it means to make a "Black film" in the Obama era.
- The F-Word wants your inspiring feminist or organization nominees for the Emma Humphreys Memorial Prize; Gender Across Borders is looking for writers for a new series on stigma, shame, and sexuality; and Bitch Flicks is looking for critical pieces on Mad Men. Get out there and write, everyone!
- Indian Country Today reports a growing number of aboriginal groups are dropping out of the BC Missing Women Commission.
- nist.tv shares Eve Ensler's TED talk on the developing connection between her self and her body. Check it out.
Please share your own favorite links from this week. We want to know what's been on your radar!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
lesley (not verified)
Lucia (not verified)
Brooke@Regicide (not verified)
Mark Twang (not verified)