On Our Radar
Here's what we've been reading (and watching, and thinking about) this week.
- Have you been reading Ladydrawers' interview comic with Alison Bechdel? Catch up with part two of three over at Truth Out.
- Women's Media Center writes about Ibtihaj Muhammad's journey to become the first women to compete for the U.S. Olympic team wearing a headscarf.
- In the "Something actually good occuring at Penn State this week" category, Angela Davis and Eric Stanley spoke about Stanley's new anthology, Captive Genders: Trans Embodiment and the Prison Industrial Complex. (Thanks Toshio!)
- Ms. Magazine writes on the importance of net neutrality—and how lucky we are that Obama vetoed it.
- Sady Doyle gives the Spice Girls a second chance over at Rookie.
- Dahlia Lithwick writes about and the old-school misogyny and the frightening new-school sexual harassment denial surrounding the Herman Cain scandals.
- Maxwell Zachs weighs the pros and cons of the new BBC series, My Transsexual Summer.
- We're still taking who-to-follow recommendations for Twitter! Leave your suggestions in the comments.
Tell us what you think and what you've been reading in the comments below!
Comments6 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
eva343535 (not verified)
MMS (not verified)
B (not verified)
SayMyNameYouKnowWhoIAm (not verified)
Lee (not verified)