On Our Radar
Links from this past week to enjoy and share!
- Bitch contributor s.e. smith revisits the "supercrip" trope at This Ain't Livin.
- Wheelchair Dancer offers a nuanced perspective on Lady Gaga's use of a wheelchair in a recent New Zealand performance.
- Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Smarasinha has posted a call for submissions for queer Indigenous femmes and femmes of color for a zine about dating and getting it on.
- Fat People of Color call out PORK magazine for their appropriation of Native American imagery in their latest photo shoot.
- Muslimah Media Watch discusses "The University" and its role in changing images of Arab women on television.
- Autostraddle examines the common trope of bisexuality in hip-hop.
- Womanist Musings responds to André Walker's comments that natural Afro hair is stylistically "limited."
- NPR reports on ABC News' coverage of women-in-peril stories.
- The Crunk Feminist Collective considers the implications of 12,000 fans attending Chris Brown's Today Show Summer Concert.
What do you think? Don't forget to share links of your own!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Bannef (not verified)
Forgotmydamnname (not verified)
diogenes (not verified)
fuzzyian (not verified)
Amy M (not verified)