On Our Radar: Paul "Gym Rat" Ryan, Affirmative Action, and Friday Night Lights
- Roxane Gay tackles the minuses faced by famous plus-sized women. [Wall Street Journal]
- Margaret Lyons calls out the New York Times for fat-shaming in its "Stars Step Off the Scale" article. [Vulture]
- Australia's prime minister, Julia Gillard, told opposition leader Tony Abbott exactly what she thought of his misogyny. A must read/watch! [The Guardian]
- Jessica Metcalfe takes a long look at Galliano's 1998 Dior collection. A great read about fashion, history, and appropriation. [Beyond Buckskin]
- Sorry Abigail Fisher, "The University of Texas at Austin has race problems but affirmative action ain't one." [Disgrasion]
- Amanda Hess talks about the gender side of Paul Ryan's gym-rat photos (And let's not forget the Mainsplaining Paul Ryan tumblr!). [XX Factor]
- The Women's Media Center Social Media Award nominees are posted! It's a great group, and includes several Bitch Media contributors! [Women's Media Center]
- Akiba Solomon reports on "Collateral Damage in War on Women" in Texas. [Colorlines]
- About time! Friday Night Lights creator Peter Berg responded to Mitt Romney's use of the show's signature rallying cry, "Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose." In a letter to the Romney campaign, Berg wrote "Your politics and campaign are clearly not aligned with the themes we portrayed in our series."[Hollywood Reporter]
Comments8 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!