On Our Radar: Feminist News Roundup
It's Tuesday! Here's what's on our radar...
- "People who live under threat of persecution by the state cannot be asked to rely solely on the state to protect them." Eesha Pandit looks at the Cleveland kidnapping, bystander intervention, and community responses to violence. [The Nation]
- Kendra James takes a look the diversity of this fall's network TV lineup. [Racialicious]
- Comedian Selene Luna shares helpful hints for "How to not be a dick to a little person." [xojane]
- Kermit Gosnell has been found guilty of three counts of murder, among numerous other charges for the horrific state of his Philadelphia clinic. [Atlantic Wire]
- Brenda Chapman, writer and co-director of Brave, says Merida's new makover is "a blatantly sexist marketing move based on money." [Marin Independent Journal]
- Dr. Monica Stephens of Humboldt State University has put together a "hate map" showing where homophobic, racist, and ableist tweets originate from. [Humboldt State]
- Speaking of bigotry, Dan Snyder, the owner of the Washington Redskins football team, says that that they will never change their racist name. [Yahoo Sports]
Share what you're reading in the comments!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
ganer (not verified)
FYouMudFlaps (not verified)