On Our Radar
Happy Friday! Before we get too happy hour-ed (yep, it's a verb) to remember, here's what we've been reading this week!
- Womanist Musings has a post up about what happens when douchebags (JOHNMAYER cough cough) make music or movies. To watch, or not to watch?
- Also at WM, this is potentially my favorite Internet video of the month. It's an ASL (American Sign Language) interpretation of Cee Lo Green's "Fuck You." You're welcome.
- The good news: PC Air hires transsexual employees to be flight attendants. The bad news: apparently they have to wear pins identifying themselves as "third sex."
- Amy Chua's controversial "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" hit bookstores in China this week, which adds a new dimension to her "Chinese mother" construct: In China, the book's title is translated as "Being a Mom in America."
- Speaking of Chua, Racialicious had a thoughtful roundup on "Black Parents and Amy Chua," up on Monday that's a welcome stir in the pot o' parenting discussions.
- From the files of the "good-intentions-but-WTF ARE THEY THINKING?", the Ms. blog has this article up about sponsoring young females abroad...using child pornography tactics in the commercials.
- Reel Grrls has a vlog up about their Top 5 Favorite Grrl Movies for teens. C'mere, Netflix queue! Note: Remember that magical piece of Internet magic, Bitch in a Box? Nickey Robare of Reel Grrl was our co-director and editor! Hi, Nickey!
What have you been reading this week?
Comments7 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Tatiana6 (not verified)
Andrew DM (not verified)
jes3ica (not verified)
anon (not verified)