On Our Radar: Mindy Kaling, Vogue, and HAES
Do you hear that? It's us breathing a collective sigh of relief because Parks and Recreation was renewed for a fifth season! Time to go out for a breakfast buffet, Swanson-style. But first, links!
- Argentina's senate unanimously approved a groundbreaking gender identity law that allows people to change their listed gender at the civil registry and access medical care like hormonal treatment or surgery as part of their public healthcare.
- Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, has made a moving Mother's Day video asking people to support Second Chance on Shoot First, a campaign working to repeal and reform laws.
- At GOOD, Amanda Hess discusses how Vogue's highly-publicized ban on underage, "unhealthy" models won't solve its real problems.
- Niema Jordan is tired of the mainstream media "using black women for clicks" at Clutch magazine.
- Here's a critical-thinking HAES guide for watching HBO's Weight of the Nation documentary.
- Sam at It's Pronounced Metrosexual has a helpful list up of 30+ Examples of Cisgender Privilege"
- Mindy Kaling's show It's Messy has been picked up by FOX! We can't wait to watch!
What have you been reading/writing this week? Share your links in the comments!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!