On Our Radar
Happy Leap Year Week!
- Sociological Images outlines how Leap Year Day was used as a day to reverse gender norms in marriage proposals.
- Lucy Liu has been cast as Watson in CBS's new Sherlock Holmes series and many aren't happy about the gender flip.
- Two cool book projects are looking for funding: Radical Doulas by Feministing's former editor Miriam Perez, and a comics anthology about marriage equality.
- At Native Appropriations, Adrienne looks at ANTM's clueless stereotyping of Native Americans.
- The women of Community do a roundtable about the show, women in media, and the future of the series.
- Joanna Chiu writes about how the recent spate of racism against Jeremy Lin comes as no surprise.
- Monica Roberts of Transgriot on black transgender trailblazers at Ebony.com.
- Charlotte Richardson Andrews writes about Iggy Azaela, white privilege, and hip hop.
- What does Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's Oscar win for Saving Face mean for Pakistan? Sadia Ashraf responds at AltMuslimah.
- Does Liz Lemon need a divorce from Tina Fey? Emily Nussbaum responds to the Liz Lemon backlash.
- Viva la Feminista encourages folks to blog for International Women's Day next week.
- Verizon Wireless has added Gender Identity protection to its employees.
- Beyonce has been breastfeeding Blue Ivy (gasp!) in public.
Tell us what you are reading in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Abby Lorenzo (not verified)
miffty (not verified)
joana (not verified)
AON (not verified)
Bannef (not verified)