On Our Radar
Here's what we've been reading this week.
- We need to be careful not to let our talk of Paula Deen slip into schaudenfreude.
- You know, the whole "Shit [blank] Says to...[blank]" meme has proven to be a pretty smart examination of prejudice and microagressions, and we ought to give it more credit.
- West Coast readers! Check out the West Coast Rally for Reproductive Justice tomorrow, at Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco.
- Attention student activists! Apply to get funding for progressive social change with the Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund.
- Andrew Ti of Yo, Is This Racist? takes some time to sit down with 2 Broke Girls. Answer: it's really racist.
- The title of crunktastic's latest for the Crunk Feminist Collective says it all: "Disrespectability Politics: On Jay-Z's Bitch, Beyonce's 'Fly' Ass, and Black Girl Blue"
- Tami Winfrey Harris takes apart 30 Rock's discomforting apology retraction of an episode about Tracy Morgan's homophobic comments earlier this year.
Let us know what you think in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Preacher's Daughter: The Mountain Goats' John Darnielle and that Goddamn Rush of Adrenaline and BloodTed (not verified)
ChristyM123 (not verified)
Lindsay Anne (not verified)
Michael Andersen (not verified)
Sheila (not verified)