On Our Radar
Doing the holidays revolution blog style.
- Take a look at Disgrasian's piece on the awful racist customer service at Chick-Fil-A earlier this week.
- As if there wasn't enough d-baggery in the corporate world already, the Trans Women's Anti-Violence Project has a piece on a transphobic Macy's employee's "activism."
- Tech blogger Laura Klein wrote an excellent rebuttal to TechCrunch writer Penelope Trunk's claim that women just don't really want to be in the tech biz (Thanks Sarah Y.)
- Portland-based radical plus-size vintage boutique Fat Fancy needs your help! Check out the fundraiser page here!
- Racialicious posted a recap of the dialog (and lack of apology) between Issa Rae and the Awkward Black Girl team, the Crunk Feminist Collective and fans regarding the transphobic comments in the last episode.
- New Black Man pointed out this totes-rad video of Angela Davis speaking with Barbara Becknell (Stanley "Tookie" Williams' representative) at the Occupy Oakland branch of the West Coast Port Shutdown.
- Youth power! A group of Native American youths made a video in response to Diane Sawyer's disheartening portrayal of their reservation on 20/20.
What have you been reading this week?
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Tatiana6 (not verified)
Andrew DM (not verified)
jes3ica (not verified)
anon (not verified)