On Our Radar
Spooky times, y'all.
- Ms. Magazine speaks with Samhita Mukhopadhyay on her book about the "romantic industrial complex"—which we also have a snazzy review of in the new issue (/horn toot).
- Help make a young feminist's day and sponsor the Crunk Feminist Collective's first Feminism 101 workshop.
- Dear Halloween Pocahotties and Indian warriors, Native Appropriations has an open letter for you and the Ironing Board Collective has some thoughts for you too. (FWD:Our post on appropriation and costumes).
- Unsurprisingly, Fox & Friends was douche-y about Grinnell's new gender-neutral dorms.
- Transgriot kicks back and opens a box of Thin Mints after hearing that the Girl Scouts openly welcomed a trans scout.
- Check out the NY Times piece on Lynda Barry's writing workshops.
- Help get this Alice Walker documentary made over at Indiegogo!
- Not to mention, Portland plus-size clothing boutique Fat Fancy could use your help, too!
- At Amptoons, Jeff Fecke writes "You Are Not Amber Cole's Father." Bianca Laureano discusses how "We're Still Blaming the Victim" at Media Justice.
Let us know what you think in the comments!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!