On Our Radar
Happy Weekend! Keep your mind sharp for Monday with these links from around the web.
- In honor of the 91st anniversary of the 19th Amendment, Ms. has launched the HERVotes blogging campaign, an effort to mobilize women voters in the 2012 election. Be sure to share your voice!
- Clutch presents 10 Black Women Making Moves in Film. Check these ladies out and show your support!
- Captain Awkward at Feministe discusses The Importance of Casting in Breaking Open Movie Stereotypes. If we want the world to change, shouldn't our movies change, too?
- What Tami Said asks True Blood to stop appropriating the language of equality movements.
- Latoya Peterson shares the disappointing prospects of the upcoming Fall TV lineup in Between a Racial Rock and a Gender Hardplace.
- Geek Feminism Blog examines the problem of geek girls' self-obectification and those ever-popular Leia slave costumes.
- Colorlines notes an increase in stereotypical portrayals of Asian Americans in recent advertisements.
- I Blame the Patriarchy esposes Urban Outfitters's affinity for "teen addict chic."
- Anna Holmes explores another side of Martin Luther King, Jr. in her article "Martin Luther King Jr., the advice columnist" for the Washington Post.
Tell us what you think of these links and share your own in the comments section!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Abby Lorenzo (not verified)
miffty (not verified)
joana (not verified)
AON (not verified)
Bannef (not verified)