On Our Radar
Another week, another round of excellent reading.
- A must-read at Crunk Feminist Collective about ongoing racism within feminism (spurred by That Sign at NYC Slutwalk)
- Emily Manual writes about how trans children are portrayed sympathetically by mainstream media for Raising My Boychick.
- Ms. iw in the midst of their Top 100 Feminist Non-Fiction book list! (Bitch's own Andi Zeisler made #33 for Feminism and Pop Culture!)
- Amanda Hess delves into the world of prostate-health awareness marketing at GOOD.
- Le Tigre and MEN's JD Samson reminds everyone that even our most beloved artists are struggling financially, too.
- Adrienne Keene over at Racialicious takes a big bite out of an the "Affirmative Action Bake Sale" at UC Berkeley last week (and makes better jokes about it than that one).
- Pursuit of Harpyness takes time to remember two pivotal social leaders whose obituaries you may not have read this week.
Let us know what you think in the comments!
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Abby Lorenzo (not verified)
miffty (not verified)
joana (not verified)
AON (not verified)
Bannef (not verified)