On Our Radar
Here are some great links from this past week to keep your mind-gears turning!
- For the first time ever, Tim Gunn disappointed me. Read about it on Shakesville.
- Womanist Musings asks, "Is Touching Black Women's Hair Racist?" Get in on the discussion.
- If you missed Stephen Colbert's take on genital hand puppets, definitely check it out ASAP on What Tami Said.
- Threadbared discusses the racial construction of preppiness and the Brooklyn-based Lo-Lifes.
- Alternet's Emily Hauser tells the fashion industry nude is not a real color.
- Colorlines' Julianna Hing explores the aggressive prosecutions of black mothers starting with Raquel Nelson who was prosecuted for her son's jaywalking death.
- Feministing has a roundtable discussion in response to Rebecca Traister's New York Times article on Slutwalks. What do you think?
- GOOD explores the addiction double standard for male and female celebrities.
- BuzzFeed gives us 60 Awesome Portraits of Gay Couples Just Married in New York State. I heart NY. Do you?
Tell us what you think about these articles and tell us what you've been reading! Besides Bitch, of course.
Comments4 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Richie The Pizza Man (not verified)
RJ (not verified)