On Our Radar
Another week, another collection of web adventures.
- ColorLines shares responses to the claim of a "post-racial society."
- At TransGriot, Monica reports on an anti-trans* "bathroom bill" in Maine. If you're a Maine citizen, check the link at the end to see how you can help.
- Bitch contributor Sarah Jaffe unpacks the impacts the Bush tax cuts have had for their tenth anniversary at AlterNet.
- The San Francisco Chronicle's blog wants a Hangover cure.
- The Crunk Feminist Collective examines Kreayshawn's success and appropriation.
- Are you near Detroit (or stoked to travel)? Check out the Allied Media Conference 2011 on June 23-26!
- Bitch contributor Jarrah Hodge lists some of her favorite websites at Gender Focus.
- The Times gives their two cents about the enduring influence of Riot Grrrl.
- Feministing rounds up the paternalistic responses to Steven Levitt's already alarming statement, "If the answer is that I wouldn't want my daughter to do it, then I don't mind the government passing a law against it."
- AfterEllen talks about Jane Lynch hosting the Emmys this fall. Will you be tuning in?
- Debbie Reese at American Indians in Children's Literature looks at Census data and the effects of not having "American Indian" as a preset option.
- Queerty wants to know your take on the treatment of Kevin, the openly gay character in Archie comics.
- Shakesville passes on the news about Glenn Beck's next project: essentially a YouTube channel. Good riddance!
Thoughts? What else have you been reading online?
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
MTTTTTT (not verified)
Guy Trainin (not verified)
Rebecca Griffin (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
asdasd (not verified)