On Our Radar
We're rounding up some of the most interesting things we read this week in another installment of On Our Radar!
- On Salon, Madeline Holler writes on the downsides of radical homemaking.
- Amanda Hess of The Sexist breaks down the creepy manipulation of television personality Olivia Munn during her Playboy photo shoot. Munn writes in her memoir about the photographer and stylists' attempts to coerce her into posing nude.
- In the wake of the election of women heads-of-state in Finland and Australia last week, Haley Cohen offers up a neat little round-up of the world's female leaders.
- Over at Womanist Musings, Renee Martin makes an excellent case for why the public, black women in particular, shouldn't forgive singer and domestic abuser Chris Brown.
- On Shakesville Melissa McEwan starts a discussion thread on the new Bravo TV show, Work of Art. The most recent episode saw the artists creating "controversial" works.
- Nisha Chittal expands on The Awl's post on the differences between men and women's writing pitches on Feministe.
Find something that piqued your interest this week? Leave it in the comments section!
Comments5 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Diana (not verified)
Sean (not verified)
CapeTown (not verified)
ashashash (not verified)
Comment Name (not verified)