On Our Radar
Stop. Link time. (It had to be said.)
- For RH Reality Check, Jaime Jenett bravely discusses her experiences as a non-biological lesbian parent of an ill child while enduring the daily hurt of Prop 8 stickers... and makes eloquent efforts to communicate with those who don't believe she deserves rights (reposted at AlterNet).
- Mother Jones offers advice on how to wade through media coverage of Osama bin Laden's death.
- Jane Laplain of Questioning Transphobia talks about trans* identity and the one-word-or-two-words question... and why it matters.
- ColorLines shares the Center for Reproductive Rights video "They're Coming for Roe."
- Shakesville provides an open thread on the results of Canada's election.
- Racialicious reports on the release of the book I Speak for Myself: American Women on Being Muslim, edited by Maria Ebrahimji and Zahra Suratwala, and featuring writing by Muslimah Media Watch editor Fatemeh Fakhraie.
- More feminist than Mulan? At Bitch Flicks, Whitney Mollenhauer takes notes on the film Tangled. Thoughts?
- Bitch contributor EvMaroon writes a letter to his future child about the United States of America's history and the death of bin Laden.
- At the Huffington Post, Stephanie Green praises the new adaptation of Jane Eyre. Have you seen it? What are your feelings?
- Jos from Feministing presents an anti-war poem from Palestinian and US-American poet and activist, Suheir Hammad.
- Monica at TransGriot reminds readers to make their nominations for the 2011 Black Weblog Awards by Saturday!
- Bitch contributor Jarrah Hodge comments on Twitter culture at Gender Focus.
- Ms. has a few suggestions on how to spend your Mother's Day weekend.
- And speaking of mothers, check out the Mama's Day campaign, celebrating immigrant, queer, poor, and single mothers by the Strong Families initiative. Watch their great video here!
Got comments or other pieces? Please share below!
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!