On Our Radar
It's Friday, which means it's time for a look back at what blipped onto our radar here at Bitch HQ this week!
- Amanda Hess posted a take-down of the New York Times' latest fashion trend: transexuals!
- Sady Doyle at The Awl wrote about feminism, pop culture, and Aliens. Needless to say, it caught our attention in all the best ways.
- It's "My Little Pony Week" on the Ms. blog, and yesterday this post by Kathleen Richter called out homophobic and racist messages being sent via Pony Express (don't blame her for that joke. That was all me.).
- Slate published a piece by Connie Schultz, a fellow political spouse, in memoriam of Elizabeth Edwards.
- In being interviewed by Barbara Walters this week, Oprah Winfrey cried when asked about her relationship with her best friend, Gayle King. BUST wants to know: Why the tears, Oprah?
- TED (Technology, Education, Design) launched its first TEDWomen conference this week in Washington, D.C. Read about the TED Fellows chosen to attend, watch videos, read transcripts, and join the discussion here.
- And here's a review of the TEDWomen Conference by Carla Thompson at Sharp Skirts. Says Carla, "I think I was just privy to one of the most fascinating and inspiring weeks of the year. And I think an opportunity was missed to blow the conversation out of the water around women in business and women in life."
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!