On Our Radar
We're back again with another edition of On Our Radar - bringing you some of the most interesting things we read this week!
- Riddhi Shaw takes a look at the misogynistic and homophobic undertones of Bros Icing Bros on Broadsheet. The drinking game, wherein a bro (never a female, and never gay) surprises another bro with a warm bottle of Smirnoff Ice and forces him to chug it, has garnered national media attention in recent weeks.
- Jessica Wakeman interviews the always fabulous Margaret Cho on The Frisky.
- Over at Sociological Images, Gwen Sharp writes on the the hypersexualization of Latino boys.
- South Korea's newest proposed method of psychological warfare against North Korea? According to Foreign Policy blogger Blake Hounshell, it's blasting music by all-girl pop groups into the demilitarized zone.
- Rose Afriyie at Feministing weighs the negative and postitives aspects of the new VH1 reality show "Dad Camp".
Sady DoyleC.L. Minou opines on Tiger Beatdown about "Mr. Soon-To-Be-Faceless-Cog-In-The-Matriarchy" Ross Douchehat's (whoops, Douthat!) New York Times' Op-Ed piece on how feminism is over or something (or, "consolidated its gains"?!) because a bunch of conservative women won U.S. primary races.
- On the Ms. Magazine blog, Ruth Rosen questions whether special "women's sections" like Salon's Broadsheet and Slate's Double X are good or bad for the success women's news.
Find something that piqued your interest this week? Leave it in the comments section!
Comments6 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
mergers and acquisitions services (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)