On Our Radar
We've got almost as much On Our Radar this week as Britney, except with fewer eroticized polo horses.
- Last week, after the season finale for this season of Project Runway aired, Colorlines took a look back at the show's treatment of Mondo Guerra, a contestant who revealed to the world, including his family, that he is HIV positive while on the show.
- Much has been said about the little boy who dressed as Daphne from Scooby Doo for Halloween. Emily Rosenbaum, though, had some new perspective about motherhood and blogging in particular, as they relate to this story.
- MORE had a series this week introducing the interwebs to the "New Feminists."
- This isn't new, but it's hilarious- Wendy Molyneux writes about NOT writing a comedy piece for women. Thanks, Feministe, for reminding us!
- The New York Times ran a piece this week about a rise in immolation amongst Afghan women.
- Salon has more on the bizarre story of Barbara Bush showing a young G.W. a miscarried fetus when he was growing up. Namely, Salon mentions the fact that Barbara Bush is actually pro-choice.
- Ms. magazine has a new post about Tyler Perry's screen adaptation of "For Colored Girls," which includes a video blog review of the film. Check it out:
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Didgebaba (not verified)
Ms Kitty (not verified)
Mello (not verified)
Edward Nelson (not verified)
Anonymous823 (not verified)