On Our Radar
I'm going to warn you right away: it was a douchey kind of week. In my time at Bitch, we've never had so many options to choose from for our Douchebag Decree. Lindsay picked the clear winner, but we've had several other happenings On Our Radar:
- The Ivy League should win some special sort of prize for consistency in douchebaggery. This week, a Columbia a capella group is in hot water for adverts that pictured one of its members above the tagline "Rape Me."
- A Texas high school cheerleader was kicked off her squad for refusing to cheer for the boy who sexually assaulted her. (The Caroline Heldman article has a lengthy comments section, for further reading...)
- Shelby Knox pointed out the controversial cover of Wired magazine this month, and Wired responded to her critique.
- Apple has removed a transphobic app from its offerings after pushback from GLAAD. Read about "Peek-a-boo Tra**y."
- And, to BREAK ENTIRELY from bad news, Feministing interviewed Rachel Maddow last week. And we pretty much love her.
- The second episode from the women of UCB/Vag Magazine was posted this week. "So...they should be pants?" HILARIOUS!
- Tiger Beatdown has some thoughts on the Glee "Rocky Horror" epsiode. Note: the word "Disastrophy" is in the title.
- 'Tis the season: Sociological Images has several articles up about Halloween costumes and their propensity for being f'ed up.
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Anonymous. (not verified)
Sigh (not verified)
Paola Ehrmantraut (not verified)
Samditch (not verified)