On Our Radar
Our antennae are up, and the hive is buzzing; here's what's been On Our Radar this week!
- ABC has cancelled its new show Huge after less than one season. Our own Michelle Dean wrote about it here. Sign a petition to keep it on the air here! Interesting how the ABC website for the show has no mention of its cancellation...
- Muslimah Media Watch has the lastest video campaign from web activists NiqaBitch questioning the French burqa ban.
- Google searches have banned the word "latina" from their search engine. Latino? Still entirely searchable. Latina (the website) has more.
- Rick Sanchez (formerly at CNN) had some fightin' words for Jon Stewart and news media bias in general, which Racialicious covered extensively. Sanchez was fired from CNN for his remarks.
- Today is the day the remake of the 1978 rape-revenge movie "I Spit on Your Grave" arrives in theaters. Find a review here. Info on the original here. Not for the faint, or sort-of-faint, or average-strength, or anything-less-than-industrial strength of heart.
- Following up on a story from last week, a leader of one of the militant groups responsible for hundreds of rapes in the Democratic Republic of the Congo this July has been arrested as part of the UN mission to address the situation there.
Comments1 comment has been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
chicago (not verified)
JX (not verified)
Dotti (not verified)
Natalie (not verified)
Preacher's Daughter: The Mountain Goats' John Darnielle and that Goddamn Rush of Adrenaline and BloodTed (not verified)