On Our Radar
We're back again with another edition of On Our Radar—bringing you some of the most interesting things we read this week!
- With the celebration of the 90th anniversary of women's suffrage in the United States in full swing this week, Womanist Musings' Renee Martin reminds us that not all women gained the right and access to vote in 1920.
- Following lesbian cadet Katherine Miller's resignation from West Point due to her sexual orientation, Corey Kilgannon investigates the underground gay culture at the military academy for the New York Times.
- On Jezebel, Dodai Stewart tallied up the number of black models in the September issues of fashion magazines.
- Check out all the great posts in the "This is What a Young Feminist Looks Like" blog carnival!
- All kinds of messed up: Sociological Images' Lisa Wade highlights an NPR report on a scale of evil developed by a forensic psychologist. The graphic used to explain this scale eerily matches the range of human skin color, with the darker the color being the worse the psychopath.
- After Sally was caught masturbating on Mad Men this week, Feministe Guest Blogger Monica looks at the assumption that she must have been sexually abused.
- On Racialicious, Bitch contributor Andrea Plaid writes on Montana Fishburne, the daughter of famed actor Laurence and a sex worker.
- Carrie Polansky focuses on the popular discoursse surrounding disability and sexuality on Gender Across Borders.
- Minh-Ha T. Pham hashes out the beauty in "eco-disaster chic" on Threadbared.
- ADI makes the case for net neutrality as a feminist issue on Women's Glib.
- Dennis Baron discovers the long history of the use of "ms." on, well, the Ms. Magazine blog!
Find something that piqued your interest this week? Leave it in the comments section!
Comments4 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Miles (not verified)
Don Handy (not verified)
Oh God (not verified)
AnonymousDudeBroWhoDoesntGiveTwoFucksAboutThisNonproblem (not verified)
Avory (not verified)