On Our Radar
Never fear, On Our Radar is here! We're rounding up some of the most interesting things we read in the feminist blogosphere!
- HULK HERE TO SMASH GENDER BINARY! Audrey Bilger interviews the Twitter Phenom Feminist Hulk for the Ms. Magazine Blog.
- Speaking of interviews with internet phenoms, Jeanne Sager talks to Jamie Keiles, the high school senior undertaking a month-long project wherein she follows all of the advice offered by Seventeen Magazine.
- Tracy Clark-Flory writes on the "powerful message" about domestic violence UK Border Agency officials sent when they denied singer Chris Brown entry into the country.
- Latoya Peterson responds to a New York Times article on the impact the geography of colonialism and the transforming acceptance of women of color have on fashion model scouting in Brazil.
- Sociological Images' Lisa Wade takes us back to a time when men's magazines promoted masculinity through "tests of strength, cunning, and fighting ability" rather than consumerism.
- In a world where "pop is feminine" and "rock is for dudes" Sarah Jaffe writes on coming around to the former on Feministe.
- Steve Haruch investigates the difficulties faced by the 5% of music engineers and producers that are women for the Nashville Scene.
- Sady Doyle offers some more thoughts on M.I.A. on Tiger Beatdown.
Find something that piqued your interest this week? Leave it in the comments section!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
enlightend0000 (not verified)
Ella (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)