On Our Radar
It's that time again! We're rounding up some of the most interesting things we read this week in the second edition of On Our Radar.
- Mary Elizabeth Williams takes a closer look at the life and legacy of the late, great Rue McClanahan on Broadsheet.
- Four Muslimah Media Watch bloggers discuss their thoughts on Sex and the City 2.
- The saga continues. In the fallout of Lynn Herschberg's questionable profile of her in the New York Times Magazine, M.I.A. posted audio she secretly recorded that indeed shows that the reporter not only took her comments out of context, but also ordered the truffle fries that made the artist look like a hypocrite. Daisy Hernandez offers an astute anaylsis on what the media has dubbed "truffle-gate" on Racewire.
- Cara Kulwicki of The Curvature writes on the problematic critiques of an anti-rape advertisement on
- Drawing from the clownish portrayal of American Idol contestant William Hung, Racialicious Guest contributor Bao Phi discusses racism and sexism directed at Asian-Americans.
- Sady Doyle of Tiger Beatdown proposes a Menaissance Festival!!!
- Sadie Stein of Jezebel comments on a Daily Beast interview with comedian Stephanie Courtney, better known as Flo, the "Progressive Insurance Lady" from the company's television commercials.
Find something that piqued your interest this week? Leave it in the comments section!
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
vegfeministdude (not verified)
Nalo Hopkinson (not verified)