Miss Representation is on TV Tonight!
Set those DVRs, because Miss Representation airs tonight on OWN at 9/8 central! The film, which explores the representations of women in the media and politics, is a must-watch for anyone who consumes media or cares about women (read: everyone). Check out the extended trailer for a sneak peek:
Stay tuned to Bitch Radio too, because tomorrow's podcast will include our thoughts on the film!
Here are some links to interviews with the filmmakers and collaborators (as well as some additional resources) to get you ready for tonight's premiere:
- An interview with Jennifer Siebel Newsom and some of the film's participants (Feminist.com)
- Some insights on the film from participant Jenn Pozner (WIMN)
- Represent Us, a space created by the Miss Representation team where anyone can post a video about how they wish to be represented in the media.
- Sexy or Sexism?, a forum that monitors the major television networks, aiming raise awareness and provide opportunities for honest and open conversation. (Miss Representation)
- A review of the film by Jessica Bennett with some additional insights from the filmmakers (The Daily Beast)
Will you be watching tonight? Be sure to let us know what you think!
Comments3 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Caitlin @ No Secrects (not verified)
Anonymous (not verified)
Julissa rebecca (not verified)