Photo courtesy of LA Record
Here's a mix for those who want to groove and feel uplifted by stellar lyrics, not ticked by gratuitously crass ones. I'm definitely not one of these excruciatingly PC-folks who love all their entertainment wholesome, but still my love of hip-hop doesn't always harmonize with hip-hop's love of misogyny. Here are some jams to make you just go "fuck yeah!" and not also "what the fuck?"
1. KRS One — The Way We Live
2. Dead Prez — Hip Hop
3. Common Market — Love One
4. Blackalicious — Supreme People
5. Gnarls Barkley — Go-Go Gadget Gospel
6. Aesop Rock — No Regrets
7. Blackaclicious — Green Light: Now Begin
8. Gift of Gab — Up
9. Gift of Gab — Rat Race
10. Genius/GZA — B.I.B.L.E
11. DJ Danger Mouse — Public Service Announcement
12. Dead Prez — You'll Find a Way
13. KRS One — 2nd Quarter - Free Throws
Comments2 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
MS (not verified)