BitchTapes: Shout Back!
Earlier this month, Vancouver, BC hosted the first (and fingers crossed, annual) Shout Back! — an all-ages, queer, radical, D.I.Y., anarcha-feminist music festival. Nearly 50 bands played over the hectic span of 2.5 days. Festival-goers bussed, cycled, and some seemingly teleported between four houses, a barricaded street, and a skate park, all turned venues. Even more shocking than managing to miss the noise show/free waffle breakfast on Sunday morning was how many queer and/or female bands in Vancouver: 1. exist, 2. are my new favorite. From cabaret to punk, twee-pop to noise, this BitchTapes is devoted to a few (yes, 15 is a few) of the bands and solo musicians from Shout Back!. I hope you enjoy!
1. Kellarissa - Passages
2. Movieland - He Cares More if You Forget About Me
3. Puppies - P.E.I.
4. Leila Neverland - Secrets
5. N.213 - Amazed
6. Love Cuts - Hi Smile Wave
7. Cris Derksen - War Cry Movement 1
8. Screaming Queens - Sex, Drugs, & Privilege
9. Loose Tights - Alone and Lost
10. Menopause - Marion's Birthday Sermon
11. KMVP - Montreal Screwjob
12. Brave Irene - No Fun
13. I Make Earthquakes - The Rumbling
14. Eirene Cloma - November
15. Haiku Charlie - Oh No
Comments0 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
misdamina (not verified)
Rachel Benoit (not verified)
Mateo (not verified)
James Klingenberg (not verified)