BitchTapes: It's The Night Before Christmas
Mixing classics with covers, this edition of BitchTapes contains some of our favorite Christmas songs, spanning decades, genres, and levels of corniness. From Thao Nguyen to Loretta Lynn and from Kristy MacColl to Eartha Kitt, you're sure to hear something you'll like. Plus, our mix contains a fair amount of songs that emphasize the not-so-jolly aspects of the season, like if you're heartbroken, broke, or in prison. Enjoy, and we hope your winter celebrations are swell!
1. Otis Redding - Merry Christmas, Baby
Kickin' things off right with some holiday soul.
2. The Kinks - Father Christmas
Hey, with all of those toys in his sack, it was only a matter of time before someone robbed Santa.
3. The Partridge Family - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
Just the thing to get you dancin' merrily in the new old-fashioned way!
4. Loretta Lynn - To Heck With Old Santa Claus
He's not for everyone. Just ask the Kinks.
5. John Prine - Christmas in Prison
A bittersweet song for those who can't be together this time of year.
6. The Pogues feat. Kristy MacColl - Fairytale of New York
A bittersweet song for those who can be together this time of year.
7. Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby
Just in case you're still making your list for tomorrow morning.
8. Prince - Another Lonely Christmas
Sometimes on Christmas you've got to drink banana daiquiris until you're blind, right?
9. Vince Guardaldi Trio - Christmas Time is Here
It's Christmastime again, Charlie Brown!
10. Dolly Parton - Hard Candy Christmas
If you've fallen on hard times this year, Dolly understands.
11. Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas
Lip sync along to the one you love!
12. Elvis Presley - Santa Claus is Back in Town
Christmas in a Cadillac, pretty baby.
13. Thao Nguyen - Gift Card
We've all done the gift-card-exchange thing. Why? Because it's Christmas!
Comments4 comments have been made. Post a comment.
Have an idea for the blog? Click here to contact us!
Anonymous (not verified)
Tiffany (not verified)
Kate L (not verified)